Friday, October 06, 2006

5 Myths of Bschool Admission Applications

- I NEED to have a social service experience to get into a bschool

- Now that I did not apply in the first round, my chances are greatly reduced

- What means most to the adcom is my work experience, so I need to talk about it the most in my essays, applications and interviews

- If I put something extra (that i did not do) in my CV or copy an extract from somewhere for the essay, it wont harm - after all who checks!

- With every incremental gmat score value of 10, my chances of getting through increases irrespective of how my rest of the application is!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:27 AM, Blogger smriti said...

hi
i am a fresh grad..no work ex preparing for cat..aiming for iim(bangalore,to be specific). does not having a work ex weaken my chances?

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger Bschool Admit (www.bschool-admit.com) said...

Though IIMB in particular is more demanding of work-ex in general, but if you manage to crack a good CAT percentile and do well in your GD/PI, your chances are as bright.

Also, once you get a call from IIMB, you have to do a good job of your essays and recos.

IIMs are not very strict about work-ex as ISB is.

For more details, you can write to us at info@bschool-admit.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Priceline Travel
Priceline
__