Monday, September 04, 2006

ISB Vs IIM

I am an alum of ISB and I have a huge circle of both ISBians as well as IIM grads so you can safely say that I am going to be fair.

To me ISB Vs IIM is like comparing apples to oranges (hmpphhhh!!! - Yikes dont hit for the cliche) !! No seriously...ISB is geared for a different profile, different requirement and so is IIM (obviously I am talking about the two year courses and NOT the one year ones).

Here is a simple checklist that you can run through to find out which is best for you. But DISCLAIMER, DISCLAIMER - you yourself know the best whats good for you..so just take this as a piece of advice..

1. How many years of experience do you have ? Are you looking for a mid management career after MBA.
2. Are you looking for a shift in your career line?
3. Are you looking for an indepth learning or do you think you are kind of there but want to aquire some special skills and understanding to complement your self.
4. How are you placed in your personal life?

I am sure there are some other items in the checklist that I may be missing (feel free to add them) - but at least this is what I considered while taking my decision.

Stay tuned on for on how I think ISB and IIMs rate over each other in all of the questions above depending on your answers.

Oh BTW - did I mention that we have started this blog (and by we I mean that we are a group of ISb and IIM alums) to discuss our journey/thoughts/ideas as well as your queries/concerns as far as getting into one of these schools is considered and well..also life beyond that.

We also provide professional services in helping you "get that admit!" - visit us at www.bschool-admit.com for more details

ciao

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Priceline Travel
Priceline
__